From:  Bob Tanner
Sent:  Tuesday, December 15, 1998 6:49 PM
To:  tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com; Brad DeJong
Subject:  [TCLUG:2831] VArStation and RedHat 5.2

I bought a VArStation a while back and I am now upgrading it to Redhat
5.2. Since VAResearch only sells Linux compatible hardware and I have
been running 5.1 for months I thought an upgrade would be a piece of
cake.

Wrong.

When I start the upgrade and the installation program wants to load
the SCSI module for the NCT 53C8xx it just hangs. I can still switch
virtual consoles, and mess around in the bash shell in VC-2. But
nothing else.

Weird part is the packing list says I have a Simbios ultra-2 SCSI
control. Is this an NCR compat card?

Any other ideas? Like maybe some boot-time commandline parameters?

 --
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700