Re: [TCLUG:3706] smb mount / automount

If you look further down in the man page of 'mount'
you see it doesn't support smbfs (at least the
version I have doesn't).

Mount options for smbfs
       Just  like  nfs,  the  smb implementation expects a binary
       argument (a struct smb_mount_data)  to  the  mount  system
       call.  This argument is constructed by smbmount(8) and the
       current version of mount (2.6c)  does  not  know  anything
       about smb.

What I do is just put a line in rc.local to mount
drives when the machine starts up.  It's not
in fstab but it works.

Tim

tclug-list-help@listserv.real-time.com