RE: [TCLUG:3714] server SCSI error

Hey everybody,

Well it seems that the RedHat 5.2 installer has a problem with my Adaptec
SCSI controller. I dug out a 5.1 CD and reinstalled, and it seemed to go
fine. (Other than some network settings being screwed up.)

I downloaded the latest boot.img that's mentioned in the RH errata, but
that wouldn't boot either. I know that the errata mentions some problems
with Adaptec controllers, but I can't do the updates if I can't install
5.2. Hmmm...rock and hard place.

I suppose I could hack the installer and include the updates.
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that.

I'd be happy to hear of any other ideas.

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your