[VANILLA-L:593] Re: Andrew Markiel's article

On May 5,  1:00pm, Dave Ahn wrote:
> Subject: [VANILLA-L:591] Andrew Markiel's article
> After reading Andrew Markiel's response to my article on r.g.n., a thought
> occurred to me...why is it necessary to group observers into the same
> lot as players?  Wouldn't it be better to have an observer daemon that
> handles observers only, and leave daemonII/ntserv to handle real players?
> Sure, there would be some overlapping code, but it would be cleaner and
> more stream-lined...

This has been talked about before - specifically for the INL server. I seem to
recall someone built such a beast for the INL finals a few seasons back... or
perhaps it was just talked about.... anyone remember?

				Rob

--
			   Rob Lindenbusch
		Indiana University High Energy Physics