[VANILLA-L:12] Re: [VANILLA-L:] I Can't get a server running! Help!

Yes.  Are you on solaris?  I encountered this same problem with 2.7p16,
and if I recall correctly the problem was caused because my preprocessor
did not like defining macros with another macro.  For example, the following
would not work:

  #define ONE 1
  #define TWO (ONE+ONE)
  main() { printf("%d", TWO); }

I can't remember exactly what I did to fix the problem (my server is at home
and I'm at work), but I think it was something like this:

On my system, INC_SYS_SELECT and INC_SYS_TIME were supposed to get defined
to be "./nul" or "../nul", where nul is just an empty file (Wether to use
"./nul" or "../nul" depended on whether you were compiling source code that
was in the same directory as the empty "nul" file, or if you were a directory
deeper).  I believe I just ended up hardcoding the definition of these
macros to be "./nul", and copied the empty file into each directory of
the source tree.  This might not be quite correct...I seem to recall
something held me back from sending in a fix for it, so if you don't get
any responsed from anyone else, email me and I'll be sure to get back to
you when I get home, and tell you exactly what I had to do.

--Brent

>I have both:
>
>Server2_7pl6
>Server2_8pl0 and
>
>I do not have root priviledges (do I need them?).  I have expanded them =
>both into seperate directories under my home directory. I followed the =
>instructions for the first one and...
>
>PROBLEM #1
>">make depend" - gave me a bunch of complaints that looked like...=20
>
>makedepend:  data.cmakedepend:  , line 19: incomplete include =3D=3D =
>"#include INC_SYS_SELECT"
>makedepend:  enter.cmakedepend:  , line 15: incomplete include =3D=3D =
>"#include INC_SYS_TIME"
>
>Should I worry about these?
+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++