[VANILLA-L:34] Re: [VANILLA-L:33] Re: [VANILLA-L:30] RSA crap and shared libraries

Quoting Dave Ahn (ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu):
> On Fri, May 22, 1998 at 05:42:55PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> >
> > So, here is my pipe-dream. Can the RSA stuff be put into a shared
> > library?
>
> I recommend avoiding shared libs.  Not that anything's wrong with them,
> but if someone doesn't know enough to compile the server, that person
> will probably have even more trouble getting shared libs to work.

I guess my target is people who do not want to compile the server at
all. And you might be right, maybe we don't want netrek admin's who
cannot compile the server. I'll think about it.

> > What part of the res-rsa code cannot be exported?
> > It looks to me like the server only uses rsa_utilmp.o, is this the
> > "important" file that cannot be exported or is the entire res-rsa
> > directory structure non-exportable?
>
> Everything in res-rsa cannot be exported except for the RSA hooks
> present in rsa-server.c.

Egads! Even the stuff like random.c, keyman.c? I see Berkeley Regents
all over random.c and Nick himself in keyman.c.

I kind of was hoping that just the rsa-* files where it.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700

+