Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2182] Metaserver solicitation bug?

Quoting James Cameron (cameron@stl.dec.com):
> Mikael Sandstr|m wrote:
> > Daves server at picklet have disabled solicit amd is now stable ....
> > It seems to have a problem with sockets :(
>
> Talking with Dave on IRC about this now.  We have a plan.
>
> But I really really want someone who can code to look through solicit.c
> and tell me if they see any significant problems that could cause a
> stack clobbering.  Given that the same crash happened on Solaris
> (continuum) and Linux (pickled), it points at either code or compiler
> problems.  I wrote the code, so I'm probably blind to it.
>
> In about six hours I'll be able to check continuum to see if the minor
> change I made to solicit.c fixed the problem.

I know Dave thinks this is a big waste of time, but I could compile the server
under purify and it will tell you where the server leaks memory, steps on the
stack, etc...

I'd be willing to do this, if it would be useful.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700