Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2200] Ouch

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999 you wrote:
>Second, I think it is time to replace the sprintf() with snprintf(), the
>biggest problem inside daemon is Stack array bounds writes and reads.

sprintf is a huge performance leak as well. In COW we replaced all time
critical sprintf calls with hand coded string utilities which helped a lot.

>I need to set a few things up to give more details, but daemon is core dumping
>inside of sprintf.

Use the COW functions in string_util.c and code everything by hand.
Should help the Server as well.

Kurt (007)

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: 007@netrek.org       Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017