Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2667] Proposal, comments anyone?

Tom Holub wrote:
> It's called "paradise".  It's not interesting.
>  -Tom

I do agree with Tom.  I've tried playing diagonal and although it was
momentarily interesting it did get to be a strain.  I class it with the
other "chaos" type features.

I don't mind having it implemented as a .sysdef option in the code base.
Go ahead and carefully make the changes required, I'll review them to
ensure they have no effect on the standard game.

I understand it would be a complex matter to rebalance the dynamics once
this change was made, but I don't believe the Netrek player base is
sufficiently large to try it, and I fear a feature based split of the
player base.

--
James Cameron                                      (quozl@us.netrek.org)