Ascend Archive

(ASCEND) Digital Modem Use

Folks,

Does anybody out there know of a way in which a particular digital modem
card can be configured to answer calls from a single WAN interface.

The particular situation I have is a MAX4000 with 4 E1/PRI interfaces
and a number of DM12s.  One of these PRI interfaces carries a 12 channel
PRI for a specific service which I want to be answered solely by a
single DM12 card.  The other PRIs carry a mix of modem and ISDN traffic
which I want to allow to be answered by any of the other modem cards
when appropriate.

The key phrase in the MAX documentation which worries me is under Call
Routing and states:
	Note: When a MAX has more than one digital modem slot card
installed, the cards and modems form a pool, and any modem can answer a
call routed to any digital modem slot.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had success in configuring a
similar setup.

Many thanks in advance,

Chris Welland