Ascend Archive

Re: (ASCEND) 2 problem

On  1 May 98 at 12:14, Sajari wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I have 2 problem which is messing with by brain. I'm having
> max4000 running 5.0ap36 eik.m40 56k modem.
>
> 1st problem
> ===========
>
> - User have problem connecting when using a phone line going through
> a PABX system. The modem just stay at the handshaking stage and
> never established the connection. No problem using the same modem
> when using a direct line

That's their PBX to blame then. Easy solution - don't dial through
that PBX. If they have access to a Direct Exchange Line, then they
should stick with that, if not, recommend that they have one
installed.

If it's a K56 modem, you're not going to get K56 connections if you
going through a PBX anyway. V34 will be the top if you connect though
a PBX.

Mike
--
Mike Hughes - Network Services         mike@dircon.net