Re: (ASCEND) 4048 Reboots again!!!!

Kirk,
I conplained enough to ascend that they sent me a new box. Actually I tried
another access box for a trial just so my customers could connect to our
services. I will be putting the new max into service today with 7.0.3. When
ascend looked at my equipment, they said that it was being physically
shutdown. Such as turning the power off, loosing power, bad cord, etc...
Anyhow, I have a ups, tried new cords, and everything. When the box would
get ready to reboot, I could hear the fans get faster, so I thought that it
was due to lack of power from the power supply. The box worked well with
one t-1, but I started having troubles after adding a second t-1. You might
try to run the box on just one T-1, if you can, and see if the rebooting
problem persists. I'll let you know if I have problems with 7.0.3.
----------
> From: Kirk Rogers <Kirk.Rogers@trw.com>
> To: jr@lor.net
> Cc: ascend-users@bungi.com
> Subject: RE: (ASCEND) 4048 Reboots again!!!!
> Date: Friday, March 26, 1999 10:22 AM
>
> John,
> Did you get a resolution to your problem?  Our boxes are continuing to
> reset, which Ascend has confirmed is a bug associated to AppleTalk.  My
own
> assessment based on customer experience, the problem increased as more of
my
> customers starting using ARA 3.0 tunneling through IP.  I can almost
> guarantee that the ARA 3.0 client connections are reeking havoc on
Ascends