(ASCEND) ISDN bonding over multiple MAXes

We've discovered that when the primary MAX dialed by an ISDN account is
busy, it is possible that when the same account requests a second channel
that port could be opened on a different MAX further down the line in our
hunt group.

This confuses DNS, especially if the first channel drops off leaving only
the second open - users then have a connection but can't see the Net since
their router (a P130) is pointed only to the IP addr of the first MAX while
their connection is now trying to route to a different box. The channels
seem to bond OK and the Pipeline indicates 128K with 2-channels up even
when each is on a different box - DNS is the only issue.

Is this kind of arrangement not recommended? What are the best solutions?
We've experimented with adding a route on the downstream MAXes to point
back to the primary, with no success. Should multi-channel accounts be
physically confined to the same box? Or should they be nailed (I could use
any how-to pointers if so).

Thanks,
-Ted
OCS Software