Re: (ASCEND) SNMP questions

>You can find the MIB files (lots of versions :-) at
>
>		ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Doc/MIBS

Make that ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Doc/SNMP/MIBS/

>You'll want to find the version that corresponds to the software version
>you're running. The changes from version to version are rarely
>incompatible, but if the MIB file is newer than your software there may be
>variables listed that your software doesn't implement.

I can't see that any of those names relate to a software load, so I assume
that  Release-980624 is the most recent.

>The MIB files have semi-reasonable descriptions of all the MIB variables,
>but unless you have a MIB compiler you'll have to manually trace through
>the hierarchy to assemble the numbers for each level.

The descriptions are indeed semi-reasonable. I guess that if I relate that
to the MIB hierarchy in the TNT docs I can assemble the numbers. <sigh>

Which brings us to MIB compilers. Are such things freely available, or is
this why people buy SNMP consoles?