Re: (ASCEND) Terminator - Using 2nd Ethernet as WAN

>From: "Robert Hof" <rhof@NETinc.ca>
>
>Is anybody here using a Terminator? I have one sitting here for eval.  I'd
>like to use the 2nd FE port as a WAN port - that's what Bell Canada seems to
>want to give me.  The terminator docs that I've read so far don't indicate
>that I can do so.

We're using one. What exactly is Bell Canada trying to get you to do?

But in general, the Ether ports are for LAN protocols only. No Frame
Relay over Ethernet, for example. The only place the line gets
blurred is PPPoE, AFAIK.

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/