From: owner-ascend-users@max.bungi.com
[mailto:owner-ascend-users@max.bungi.com]On Behalf Of Brian Sullivan
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 1999 12:40 AM
To: ascend-users@bungi.com
Subject: (ASCEND) Framed-Address

I'm trying to give certain dial-in users static IP address assignments.  In
this case the static IP address assignment is outside of the pool of
addresses I have assigned to the Ascend 4048.  The user is authenticated
with no trouble, the IP address is properly assigned, but the user cannot
get any data across the PPP connection.  If I attempt to ping that assigned
IP address I get no data bounced back...

Is there a setting that I need to change to tell the Ascend 4048 to route IP
traffic when a static IP address is assigned?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Brian Sullivan
brian@polnow.net