Re: (ASCEND) inconsistent subnet mask

>From: Dean.Finkeldei@chron.com
>
>Does anyone know what might cause this to happen ?
>I have ISDN users going into one MAX4004 (6.1.24), and dialup users going
>into another MAX4002(6.1.24). The ISDN users have static IP addresses, and
>the dial up are DHCP (max is the dhcp server). My Openview machine reports
>inconsistent subnet mask on different users every day. (about 15 times a
>day).

I recall a problem from long ago where routes would have an incorrect
subnet mask on machines that learned the route via OSPF. The mask
would be correct on the Max originating the route.

This was awhile ago and has been fixed, but I can't recall in what
release offhand.

Given the limited info you've provided, I'm unsure whether this is
what you're seeing.

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/