(ASCEND) AAC / Navis Radius 1.3

 Hi Folks,

Got some questions regarding Accend Access Control / Navis Radius, running
under Windows NT

Currently I have to start my Navis RADIUS with the following command line

    radiusd  -oa -noservice

If I attempt to start the RADIUS as a service, I get the Authentication, but
not the Accounting

What do i have to do to the service config to get the Accounting happening
when running Navis Radius as a service?

To get the Accounting to work with a database I had to add the following user
to the Users file

ODBCACCT Authentication-Type = ODBC
        Password = "DSN_NAME:TABLE_NAME:RADIUS_DB_USER/RADIUS_DB_PASS",
        Service-Type = Login,
        Login-Service = Telnet,
        Login-IP-Host = 1.2.3.4

What config change needs to me made for the Database to be used for the Users
details, ie i want usernames and passwords to be drawn from the database..

I ran the exe through a hex editor and came up with a number of possible
usernames....

AUTHENTICATE
AUTHENTICATION
ODBCAUTH
ODBC_AUTH
ODBC
ODBC_PWDUPD
ODBC_LIBRARY
RADODBC
ODBCRAD

But I cant seem to get any of these to work, am i on the right track here? is
there a flag i have to start the radiusd.exe with? how do I get
Authentication to happen from the Database?

Does anyone out there have Authentication happening from the database?

cheers

Bob Reynolds
Technical Consultant
+61 2 9419 0442