Re: (ASCEND) Filters/Logging on a P50

It's definitely possible to block those packets using filters, but you
won't be able to do any logging with filters.  There's a firewall option
for Pipelines where you use a GUI to build the firewall and send it over
to the Pipeline (I think it's called SecureConnect), but the firewall
option usually doesn't come free.  You can check if you have this option
by going to the Ethernet menu and then see if you see anything that says
Firewall.  With the firewall in place, you can set it to log to a syslog
server.  But with plain filters, no logging is possible.

Hi,

We have one of the Earlier P50's and what I wanted to do is get it to
drop
any packets Inbound that are not for our IP ranges and to drop any
packets
going out that aren't from out IP ranges (ie spoofed or Private IP's).

I don't think the above is amazingly hard but I would like to know when
they do drop any packets and log them, is this possible or will I need
another unit?

Thanks

Ray