Re: Improvements...Purposes...

av5410@sjfc.edu (Alex Villamil) writes:
> o Perhaps something that would increase the 'magic'
>   on weapons and armor.  Kind of like the what the scroll of
>   enchant weapon does in nethack.  Why? Well, Dragonslayer
>   is nice weapon to have, but I'd kind of like to
>   do more damage than +3(dam11).  Or is this already implemented?
I put this in a while ago, but Frank didn't like it so removed it, and
most of it seems to have gone away.  I limited it to not being able to
do improvements to originally magic items, the idea was that you would
build up an item by making sacrifices and all, at least in the most
cool version you could improve damage, speed, and bonuses.  I was
going to put in stuff  to let you get protections etc. by sacrificing
appropriate body parts of monsters, but never bothered to.  It's hard
to tell if it unbalances the game.
> o Introduce the concept of luck.
This is actually in there, there is a weapon which can make you lucky,
gram I believe is what it's called.

> Also, Crossfire needs a purpose.  Right now, we pretty much just go
> around killing monsters and getting things for no reason.  It needs
> some kind of ultimate goal.  From other games:
I agree, but I think you should have a bunch of quests that you can
do, each of them can be linked to a certain set of maps, the th set of
maps are a very good move in this direction.
I wish other people would do this, but it is more work to make the
cool maps with problems other than just killing monsters.
          -Eric
"It seemed like a good idea at the time"
           -The Mad Hatter
"Yes, you're very smart.  Shut up."
           -In "The Princess Bride"