Improvements...Purposes...

Alex Villamil writes:
> Here are a couple of things I've ebeen thinking about. Criticism
> welcome and encouraged.
>
> o Perhaps something that would increase the 'magic'
>   on weapons and armor.  Kind of like the what the scroll of
>   enchant weapon does in nethack.  Why? Well, Dragonslayer
>   is nice weapon to have, but I'd kind of like to
>   do more damage than +3(dam11).  Or is this already implemented?

I've implemented an enchant spell, but I don't know how well it will
be received.  Time will tell.  Details to follow later.

> o Let certain monsters follow you outside.

Although tricky to implement, I agree.  Monsters should be able to
follow you outside of a map.

> o Introduce the concept of luck.

As a start, I've already implemented a luck spell and a luck sword.

> Also, Crossfire needs a purpose.  Right now, we pretty much just go
> around killing monsters and getting things for no reason.  It needs
> some kind of ultimate goal.  From other games:
>
> o Defeat some $BIG_BAD_GUY. (Many)
>
> o Defeat some $BIG_BAD_GUY and take back what he stole. (Nethack,others)
>
> o Try to save the town. (Many)
>   Try to save the world.
>   Try to save the universe.
>   Try to save the princess. (Too many)
>
> o Get the pieces of some magical thing together and destroy $BIG_BAD_GUY
>   with that thing. (Zelda, others)
>
> o Build armies and conquer the world or universe. (GB, others)
>
> o Defeat $BIG_BAD_GUY before he does something really bad to
>   $TOWN_WORLD_UNIVERSE_OR_PRINCESS (Sierra games)
>
> What do you all think?  Are my expectations to high?
> Someone please comment on this; the list hasn't been to active lately.

Realistically, without it being a single player game, I would find the above
goals for the game to be too out of reach.  There are just too many
"what if" scenerios you have to deal with in a multiplayer game.

#chris