Improvements...Purposes...

Here are a couple of things I've ebeen thinking about. Criticism
welcome and encouraged.

These are a just a bunch of goodies, a wish list for 1.0:

o Perhaps something that would increase the 'magic'
  on weapons and armor.  Kind of like the what the scroll of
  enchant weapon does in nethack.  Why? Well, Dragonslayer
  is nice weapon to have, but I'd kind of like to
  do more damage than +3(dam11).  Or is this already implemented?

o Have info on monster attacks.  Decsribe what they're doing
  while creaming you to pieces.

o Cloak of Displacement.  Monsters attack image a few squares away.

o Have pets be able to *learn* spells just by picking up books.

o Let certain monsters follow you outside.

o Introduce the concept of luck.

o Ring of Conflict (Nethack). Monsters attack eachother if player
  enters room wearing this.

Also, Crossfire needs a purpose.  Right now, we pretty much just go
around killing monsters and getting things for no reason.  It needs
some kind of ultimate goal.  From other games:

o Defeat some $BIG_BAD_GUY. (Many)

o Defeat some $BIG_BAD_GUY and take back what he stole. (Nethack,others)

o Try to save the town. (Many)
  Try to save the world.
  Try to save the universe.
  Try to save the princess. (Too many)

o Get the pieces of some magical thing together and destroy $BIG_BAD_GUY
  with that thing. (Zelda, others)

o Build armies and conquer the world or universe. (GB, others)

o Defeat $BIG_BAD_GUY before he does something really bad to
  $TOWN_WORLD_UNIVERSE_OR_PRINCESS (Sierra games)

What do you all think?  Are my expectations to high?
Someone please comment on this; the list hasn't been to active lately.

Alex
|Alex Villamil                      St. John Fisher     |
|av5410@sjfc.edu                        College         |
|av5410@sunlab1.sjfc.edu           Rochester, New York  |