Death

Here's another alternative for death. I have had an idea for two spells -
recusitation and raise dead.

Recusitation must be cast within (dead characters level) minutes of the
characters death upon his or her gravestone. Successful casting of the spell
brings the character back to life at 1 hp and with the loss of one point off
a physical stat (str,dex,con).

Raise Dead can be cast upon a dead characters gravestone anytime after they
died, but is otherwise the same as recusitation.

To implement this we have to change they way death is handled. Instead of
deleting a character's save file when he dies we have to keep it around.
This means that when you startup with the name of a dead character the game
should ask you: "That character is dead, do you want to delete it and
start again [y/n] ?".

Tricky bits. When a map is refreshed, the game should check for any gravestones
of dead characters and deleted the save files before loading the refreshed map.

Where do we start the character when they restart with their newly raised
character ? If we make it wherever the gravestone is when the spell was cast,
there is the potential for abuse, so they should probably start back in the
starting town.

How does that sound ? Reasonable ?