resurrection--how it SHOULD have worked :(

Okay, there's apparently lots of confusion on the resurrection
spells.

raise-dead:  requires a corpse and a .dead file.
corpses, when created, are created immune to everything.

resurrection:  requires a corpse and a .dead file, but doesn't exact
as much of an experience penalty and leaves stats alone.

reincarnation:  requires only a .dead file!  This was the spell to use
if your player got nuked and his body is "lost".

When you died, a 'corpse' was to be placed where you died, which
was immune to everything.  The immunity was how I later checked for
player-corpseness.

The corpse's name determined which .dead file was operated on
by the resurrection spell, reincarnation is to take an argument which
determines which person to move from .dead to living.

Death is permanent if you remove the .dead file.

Bad ideas:  saving all the information necessary to resurrect a plyer
in the corpse/gravestone:  uh, when dead, a player becomes an object.
objects do not have fields for things like passwords, do they?  All
player specific stuff would hae to be squirrelled away in weird places
in the object.  Kludge city.

Also, lose the gravestone to a crash, you lose the person forever.
No recalling him then.  seems very unfair to me.

When you die, your playerfile is moved to .dead.  As a server god,
I intended to fry .dead files older than a week or so.

You cannot start a new player if there is a .dead file with that name,
which barrs people from maliciously killing someone and then
putting him beyond the reach of resurrection.

All of this was working at one point, I don't know what has it broken
now.  I'll look into it, and add some ifdefs so we can have a
permanent death as well.  If you want to nuke players permanently,
for now, just remove .dead files.

Regards,

PeterM