Re: More maps

[ sorry about the unsubscribe mail which got here just now ]

+--- Peter Mardahl:
| I think you should be able to have several magical effects in place
| at once.  Why should it be impossible to have a dexterity spell on
| and a fire resistance spell on?

Simple - a magician can't concentrate on two effects at the same
time. But maybe high-level characters should be able to. How about a
system where at any one time, the combined level of the spells in
effect can not exceed the character's level. If a level 3 mage casts
strength, and then burning hands, the strength spell will cease to
function. A level 4 mage would have no problem with that combination,
however. Since the how many pluses a Strength spell gives you depends
on your current level (it used to, anyway!), I am not sure if another
diminishing returns system is needed.

+---
| if a spellcaster wants to give up his levitation spell, he should
| NOT have to cast an unrelated spell simply to get rid of it!

I'll grant you that. Maybe add the command "dispel <spell>" and let
the user bind "dispel levitate" to a key.

+--- Scott Allan Wedekind:
| Frankly, I would love to see more spells that are level dependent.
| Fireballs, among other attack spells are on the top my list.

A high-level character can throw more fireballs, cast more heal
spells, etc.  You suggestions would mostly help _fighters_, and IMO,
fighters are too good magicians already (and vice versa!)

Kjetil T.