Re: More maps

Peter Mardahl wrote:
> I think you should be able to have several magical effects
> in place at once.  Why should it be impossible to have a dexterity
> spell on and a fire resistance spell on?  The way it was before,
> if you put one in, you lost any other that was there before.  That
> just makes no sense to me.
>
> You should be able to put protections and other spells in place
> at the same time, if you're willing to spend the spellpoints.
>
> As to using this force-removing 'feature' to remove levitation,
> that seems like a very silly trick to me.  One should not have to
> do that:  if a spellcaster wants to give up his levitation spell,
> he should NOT have to cast an unrelated spell simply to get rid of
> it!

I agree that you should be able to use fire resistance spells and dexterity
spells at the same time (just an example), but I don't like the idea of people
using multiple strength spells (again, for example) to max a stat! If a spell
is in effect, the most logical way to reverse it, without inventing a whole
class of 'reverse' spells, is to make a 2nd casting of the spell nullify the
original casting.... i.e. terminate a levitation spell early by casting
levitation again!

This method keeps the number of spells down, and keeps their application a
little more logical.

Just my 2 penneth! Ben.

p.s.
Btw, I also like the chico maps alot - there is plenty of expansion capability
- check out the dragon exits and the large ships in the harbour area of
/city/city if you want to add new areas - like I have done (well, it's still
under construction). I'll eventually put these somewhere where other people
can try them. :-)

|    _|--|_    |   Disclaimer: I've got a degree and maybe 1/3 of a PhD.   |
|      vv      | However, I still know nothing! |      btk@aber.ac.uk      |