Re: Using extra characters

 I will agree that having charisma affect selling price really makes it
convenient to have bank characters - you can create a first level character
with a lot of charisma quite easily, and can save a lot of money (and
likewise, for the hack/slash character, you create him with a low
charisma and have higher scores in the other abilities.

 I don't really like the idea of adjusting the item value based on whether
another character has picked it up.  Suppose a character wonders in, picks
something up, and drops it because they don't want it.  why should the
next character be 'punished' with a lower price because of that?

 The sense magic may not be as useful, but sense curse would be very
useful.  As of now, I believe detect curse is a very high level spell.  To
be able to sense it at low levels would be very handy.

 And yes, character won't wander out carrying everything in the dungeon.
But observant players will typically notice that the weight is different,
and then take the items.  To find out if they are cursed or not would be
very handy (how much do detect curse scrolls cost?  I know they are not
cheap..)

 In general, I think it would be better if skills added new things, instead
of emulating existing spells (or if they do, then perhaps those spells
should be removed..)  For example, characters with searching ability
should certainly be better able to search than just all character.  Same
for a disarm.

 Hide in shadows and jumping are other things.

 --Mark