CF: Re: your mail

Mark Wedel (mark@icp.siemens.com) wrote:

>  I will note that the second case is probably a bit rare - most items that give
> lots of armor protection also tend to give ac.

Unless you enchant boots, bracers or cloaks. IIRC my +12 bracers of
dexterity give no AC, but armor 84.

> should be 80.  it is in fact (1-(1-.4)(1-.4)) or .64.  In practicality, it is
> very hard to get an armor value above 75 or so (you can, but then it becomes
> case that there are better items to wear than ones that increase your armor.)

Sorry to disappoint you :-) There is _no_ item that we would want to
wear instead of the stuff we are wearing (we == the "perfect"
characters on my server). And we all have armor 99.

Unless the treasure chamber in Siegfrieds house has an item that we don't
know, of course (AFAIK nobody on my server ever managed to get into there).

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber