Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: mouseless play

David Sundqvist (azzie@netpolicy.com) wrote:

> Yep, this is because GTK doesnt propagate keypress events to widgets not
> in the active window.

I actually imagined that :-)

> It only affects split window mode tho, and it might
> be possible to do something about it by doing the actual propagation in
> the client itself when running split window. It's on the things to do when
> I get time :).

Maybe it's easier to have a feature to allow the user to layout the
non-split window? Sort of doing split windows first so the user can
layout the windows, then using that layout to create one large window
again? Might be a little tricky to guess the intended layout from
the window positions, but I don't imagine too many problems here.

Or, to make things very simple --- read the non-split layout from
a config file, like

text: x/y/width/height
map: x/y/width/height

etc.