Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: mouseless play

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Christian Stieber wrote:
> Maybe it's easier to have a feature to allow the user to layout the
> non-split window? Sort of doing split windows first so the user can
> layout the windows, then using that layout to create one large window
> again? Might be a little tricky to guess the intended layout from
> the window positions, but I don't imagine too many problems here.

Well, it's somewhat possible already in that you can resize the different
components with the panes. It's not perfect tho, and I've considered
making it possible to choose from several different layout arrangements.

Saving a config on that out would be good too (problem here is that I
havent found a way to actually get the pane sizing after the user has
dragged things around). Probably I'll have to work around that with either
a kludge or a manual configuration instead.

> Or, to make things very simple --- read the non-split layout from
> a config file, like
>
> text: x/y/width/height
> map: x/y/width/height

Yep, that's a likely prospect.