Re: CF: Gods and spell paths

Since I looked the gods over some time ago I'll try to give some comments
to the list.
From what I know,
  protected is what every priest gains, also given by bless spell,
  vulnerable is given to a victim by the curse spell(then vuln to type),
  immune is what is granted by the holy possession spell.

> i was lloking at the list of gods at http://crossfire.real-time.com/
> and found that i saw some problems with the way some of them where designed.
> some suggestions to be debated
> Gnarg has as his race Goblin, Giant,Troll shouldn't he also have orc
is already in, explained below...
> Lythander has as enemy race Goblin, Troll shouldn't he have orc listed
same...
> Lythander is Vulnerable to his own Attack Type
even if his priests are vulnerable to the type, the protection should
cancel it out. And then, he can still deal out the "vulnerability" as
curse spell. I know cf isn't a role-playing mud - in a hack and slay game
confusion would be seldom used against monsters, but in a roleplay
environment the ability to confuse someone easier sounds nice.

> Lythander is also Immune and Protected from his Attack Type
> (suggestion for Lythander change Vulnerable from Confusion to Wounding,
> Missiles and adding Protection to Attuned)
protection, Immune, vuln all use the attacktypes list.
Attuned uses spellpath list. there is an attacktype confusion, but no
spellpath (I think Mind is the one that does confusion spells too, but I
might be wrong here) Don't mix them up.

> Gaia is Vulnerable to her own Attack Type (suggest changing her Vulnerable
> to Poison, Disease)
Gaia is goddess of life, so I'd rather protect her priests against poison
and disease then make them vulnerable.
vulnerable to her own attacktype... yes, first curse your opponents then
hit them when you've made them vulnerable.
Also, if her priests are vulnerable to fear attacks from demons and so on
that's quite ok I think.

> Ruggilli is Vulnerable to Frost and Repelled by Frost (suggest he be denied
> Frost instead)
Ruggilli is already denied a lot. Adding yet more to the denied list...
hmmm. Open to debate though. Without being able to cast cold spells
priests of Ruggili will get a lot of problem against those cold-vulnerable
beings (dragons etc...)

> Mostrai has as an Enemy Race Goblin, Troll (suggest adding Orc)
hmm Mostrai should have giants as enemy, not troll.
From my list Gnarg has race goblin-giant-troll, Lythander has goblins and
trolls as enemies, Mostrai goblins and giants. Since Gnarg has two enemy
gods it makes some sense that his raves are a bit split up, at least I
assumed this when I changed some things (it was this way even before I did
my changes, btw...) Addings orcs to every list is unnecessary, simply look
at the races file: goblin race includes
kobold,goblin,orc,gnoll,+generators for each,+ologhi,hkobold and
unusual_kobold (whoever that is....)

> Mostrai is Attuned to Creation, Transmutation, (suggest adding Information)
why? I wouldn't make Mostrai stronger - personally I believe he's a bit
stronger than the others already

> Gorokh and Valriel are almost the same only differences:
> they are both Attuned to the others Denied
> Some differences in Avatar
> Both are Immune to Fear and Confusion
> Both are protected from Fear and Confusion
> Both use Fear as Attack Type
> These two are suppost to be enemies
Since they are more or less my creation... I imagined them as mirror
images, one good and the other evil. Both have extraplanar beings as
followers. They should be totally contrary in alignment, but there would
be similarities as well.

> Shouldn't we assign humans as enemies to someone maybe Devourers or Gorkh
Not to Gorokh - humans aren't powerful enough to be raised to full enemy
status :), also humans might worship him....
Devourers on the other hand... they never had a declared enemy, and I left
that as it was. If they had an enemy it would have to be every living
creature, from dragons to humans to insects, plus elementals, plus....
They have strong attacktypes (death...) which should make up for the lack
of a special enemy.

Ruggilli also has no enemy - but if anyone wants to design another god, of
Frost, Ice and Order, as opposed to Ruggilli (chaos, fire, dragons) those
could become enemies.