TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:100] crontab

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 02:04:07PM -0600, Erick Stohr wrote:
> My export does not seem to be working, is this right? Bare with me because I
> haven;t really ever done one of these.
>

> export CLASSPATH=":/home/me/java/Temp.class:/home/me/java/Select.class:
> /usr/jdk1.2.2/lib/mysql_comp.jar:"
>
> /usr/jdk1.2.2/bin/java  /home/me/java/Select
> ~

	One thing I can tell you right away is that the beginning and
trailing ':' are unnecessary, and possibly dangerous as they have the
potential of adding '.' to the path.  I'm also suspecting you might
needed to find out where that standard Java classes are (most likely
/usr/jdk1.2.2/lib/classes.jar) and add that to the CLASSPATH as well.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature