TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:100] crontab

"Eric M. Hopper" <hopper@omnifarious.mn.org> writes:

> 	One thing I can tell you right away is that the beginning and
> trailing ':' are unnecessary, and possibly dangerous as they have the
> potential of adding '.' to the path.  I'm also suspecting you might
> needed to find out where that standard Java classes are (most likely
> /usr/jdk1.2.2/lib/classes.jar) and add that to the CLASSPATH as well.

If you are using javac from jdk 1.2.x you do NOT need the base classes in
your CLASSPATH.  This is an improvement that Sun _finally_ put into JDK
that should have been there from the start.  If you really want to be sure
though you can put it in, it's in <jdk dir>/jre/lib/rt.jar.

--
Jon Schewe
jpschewe@eggplant.mtu.net