Re: [TCLUG:5190] keyboard maps

The drawback to these solutions is that, if you have a mulit-user
system, they change the keyboard layout for everyone at the console of
the system.  Of course if you're using the loadkeys command, you can
call that to switch things back and forth.

The method I use is to call xmodmap in my .xinitrc.  This changes the
mapping for me and only while I'm in X.  I just have to live with qwerty
while logging in or helping other users.

If you're interested, mail me offline and I'll send you the file I use
with xmodmap.

Eric