Re: [TCLUG:5361] virtual hostnames

Here's one good place to start reading up on <VirtualHost>
http://www.apache.org/docs/vhosts/index.html

Here's my single IP, name based VirtualHost setup for Apache 1.3.3-1.
The first line is definitely necessary with this version of apache. I
don't think it was with earlier versions. I am posting it because it
took me some extra reading before I found documentation on that
particular line. The documentation exists, it's just me.

A future study for me with this configuration is making the log files
available to the administrator of the respective web.

Have fun and if you see a no brainer in my simple knucklehead
configuration, please bring it to my attention.

NameVirtualHost 209.134.131.41
<VirtualHost 209.134.131.41>
ServerAdmin rtp@mi-recordz.com
DocumentRoot /home/mi-r/www/html
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /home/mi-r/www/cgi-bin
ServerName www.mi-recordz.com
ErrorLog logs/mi-recordz.com-error_log
TransferLog logs/mi-recordz.com-access_log

#<Directory /home/mi-r/www/html>
#Script PUT /cgi-bin/put
#</Directory>

#<Directory /usr/local/put-users>
#AuthType Basic
#AuthName mi-r
#AuthUserFile /usr/local/put-users/htpasswd-putusers
#</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.134.131.41>
ServerAdmin rtp@mi-recordz.com
DocumentRoot /home/kronk/www/
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /home/kronk/www/cig-bin
ServerName www.kronkass.com
ErrorLog logs/kronkass.com-error_log
TransferLog logs/kronkass.com-access_log
</VirtualHost>

ron parker