Talk to me a bit about domains...

Hello all,

I'm in the process of setting up some DNS stuff at home.

I've got a firewall set up, with a static IP address, connected to a
DSL link.  In that same box, I've got another NIC that is hooked into
my LAN via a hub.

My official domain name is: "skj.dsl.visi.com"

Now, on the internal LAN side of the world, I'm using the 192.168.1.x
block of IP addresses.

Where I'm getting confused is with the hostname stuff...

Can I name the hosts pretty much any hostname.domainname.net, being
that the real world never sees them??

Do I give my firewall two different hostnames, one for each interface
(can that even be done?)?

If I interact with the internal side of my firewall as
"skj.dsl.visi.com", how does that affect my internal domain name
settings, if at all?

I feel like I'm having one giant brain fart with all this...should be
easy to figure out right??

Thanks!!

Scott K. Johnson
skj@visi.com