cirrus logic GD5465

Hi All,

I updated my x server to 3.3.3-1 (I was experiencing many freeze ups that
required that I 'turn off' the computer to reset. The mouse and keyboard were
unresponsive.)There is 2M of video memory available. Using x86config, I can't
get the monitor to display more than 256 colors even though it is capable of
32bit color at 600x800res. Is there a way to force the config to use more
colors.  I would also like to eliminate the virtual desktop (just an old
windows habit) effect.

That is all (for now),
Rick