Update on Library donations.

I went to the Central Library today, and asked about having some thing
put on, or into the books that we donate. A sticker or something that
said donated by the Twin Cities Linux User Group. The person I talked
with was not sure if that would be ok. I will be talking with someone
tomorrow that can answer that question.

In my opinion, it would be a bonus to have TCLUG's name on the books we
donate. Nice, but not necessary.

As far as what books to donate, and how often we want to donate a books
is really up to the people that want to do this. I would like to
propose that if the group can not benefit from receiving a tax
deduction, then the individuals that pool their money should take turns
receiving
receipts.

I will do my best to get this up and running.

Those of you that are interested in pooling money for our first
donation, send a email to me - spaltzer@yahoo.com - with your name,
highest amount you are willing to donate, book suggestion or topic, and
URL to a description or review (if one is available. Try looking at
amazon.com).

Here is my pick.
Name,           Cap,       Book,                               URL
Steve Paltzer,  $5.00,     The Artists' Guide to the GIMP.,
http://www.ssc.com/ssc/new.html

Look forward to hearing from you.
-Steve