Re: [TCLUG:5623] Digital Cameras + Linux

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Luke Francl wrote:

> I'm on a digital camera kick (borrowed one from work) and it's a ton of
> fun, so I'm considering getting one...I've checked out the gPhoto homepage
> at http://www.gphoto.org, but has anyone had experience with digital
> cameras and Linux? Aside from that, any recommendations for good cameras?

Luke,

I've put in some time with a Sony Mavica. It's quite good. The great
advantage of the Mavica is the built-in floppy drive. I can take a picture
of my new baby and have it up on his web page in 5 min. Very convenient.
Picture quality is excellent, although the flash seems overpowered. It
washes out most indoor shots when it's used. The camera is pretty
sensitive though so you don't need the flash very often. All of the
pictures at http://206.131.108.6/jacobsworld/ were taken with it.

Later,
Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your