Getting ready for the Great Leap Forward

Now that my old CDROM has finally broken and must be replaced, I'm
thinking that I should go ahead and upgrade the processor and the video
card as well. Any opinions on whether I should get one of the AMD/Cyrix
x86 CPUs as opposed to a Pentium II, or does it matter? I'll be running
Caldera's OpenLinux 2.2, if that makes a difference.

Kevin Trainor
Wells Fargo Customer Accounting
All opinions my own, not Wells Fargo's.
"Well if the money talks, why won't it speak to me?"
     -Jason & The Scorchers