Re: [TCLUG:7297] Getting ready for the Great Leap Forward

I have a Pentium, a Cyrix, and a K6-2 at home and use a PII at work. I can
definitely say that, for the money, the K6-2 is the biz. A PII might be a
little faster, but you'll pay quite a bit more. The Cyrix chips are OK,
but they do have a slightly different setup so if you're going to run
Linux, it'll either be slightly slower or you can compile some
Cyrix-specific features into your kernel. Either way it comes out worse
than a K6. The worst part about Cyrix is that National Semiconductor has
just AXED the line completely, so there won't be any new ones...

I'm thinking about gettin' me one of them K7's when they come out!

Neal