Re: [TCLUG:7329] X10 offer

  Hi,

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Joel A. Koepp wrote:

> Did anyone go for this deal awhile back?

Yup!

> I know I really can't afford to be buying modules at $10 a pop, but it's neat
> stuff. If you're using this extensively I'd like to hear what you're doing with
> it. Anyone get any of those graphical frontends to Bottlerocket or other X10
> software? The Qt one required Qt 2.0 (don't have it) and the GTK one I compiled
> crashed when you turned on a device--and made the mouse really choppy (probably
> an issue with reading/writing to ttyS0).

Well, I just ordered a few more modules late last week, so they should be
here within a year or two... basically the only thing I could think of
using it for was more lamps, since my new appartment has NO LIGHTS in the
living room or bedroom, so I got a few more lamp modules and a screw-in
lamp module.

I have to admit, I did compile the commandline utility, I tested to see if
it works and I haven't used it since! I really don't need to turn on the
lights in the living room from the computer... my latest order's supposed
to include a couple of free remote switches, so I can have remotes in each
room that has lights.

So my message is pretty much off topic, isn't it? (:

-Yaron