Re: [TCLUG:7474] Semi-off-topic: Speaker noise

  Hi,

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Chad Walstrom wrote:

> Let me contribute too!  Some wall sockets are not grounded properly.  So
> you might have a three-prong socket on the wall, but it doesn't mean
> you've got a grounded three-prong socket on the wall.  Before you
> investigate, make sure you trip the breaker for that socket.  Then make
> sure the ground on the plug is attached to the bare copper wire from the
> power cable.

I have absolutely no idea how to check these things... did I mention this
is an appartment building? I guess I could get them to check, but, again,
the speakers have a 2-prong AC adapter. I did plug it into several surge
protector strips plugged into various outlets and got the same results.

I'm also curious as to why no OTHER device has any interfearance
whatsoever.

-Yaron