OpenLinux install and a DirecPC question

Finally got the CD replaced on my P133 (along with a Diamond Stealth 4MB
in place of the old SiS video card) and installed OpenLinux 2.2.

If the install had gone any easier, I'd'a thought it was some weird version
of
Windows. :) The only strange parts had to do with configuring the /dev/hdb
(which is invisible to Win95 for some reason) to accept OL, the autoprobe's
misidentification of the video card (hey, it works, and I can always get the
Diamond Stealth driver from Diamond later) and the time zone trying to
set up in Swift Current Saskatchewan instead of the Central Time Zone.
All very smooth and cool; Boot Magic worked fine too. Later this weekend
I'm going to take a swing at installing WP8.0 and Netscape so I can get
my baseball work done.

As for DirecPC- has anyone tried this with Linux? Seems to me that it
would whip cable modems, ADSL and ISDN silly, like having a T-1
into the house at a fraction of the price. Comments?

Kevin Trainor
Wells Fargo Customer Accounting
612-667-7574
"There is a serious tendency toward capitalism
among the well-to-do peasants."
     -Mao Tse-tung

All opinions my own, not WFC's.