Re: [TCLUG:7584] OpenLinux install and a DirecPC question

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Trainor, Kevin T. wrote:

> As for DirecPC- has anyone tried this with Linux? Seems to me that it
> would whip cable modems, ADSL and ISDN silly, like having a T-1
> into the house at a fraction of the price. Comments?

Last I heard, DirecPC was one-directional.  You have a satellite dish for
downstream (very fast), but you still have to dial out through a modem for
the upstream link.  It's great for downloads.  But, it still suffers from
the same problems that modems have--flaky connection, slow uplink, busy
signals.