Re: [TCLUG:7636] partition magic?

ted pedersen said:
> Would a product like Partition Magic 4.0  be of any help/harm, or does the
> Red Hat installer take care of all that?

Interesting that I should see your question just as I'm starting up Partition
Magic 3.0...

If you are using a new drive (or installing to previously unpartitioned space
on an existing drive), fdisk will see you through.

If you want to back up your existing data (a good idea in any case, of course),
change your partitioning, and restore the existing data, fdisk can handle it.

If you want to take space away from an existing partition or move partitions
from one section of the disk to another, fdisk can't help you.  That's where
PartitionMagic comes in.