Re: [TCLUG:7646] CD-R

Scot Jenkins wrote:

> > I have not investigated the "RW" capability of my Memorex yet... So far I
> > have only burned CD-R's.  I have no idea how that works under Linux (if it
> > does)...  Anyone know?
> >
> > I presume you burn it like normal; then erase it when you want to re-write
> > it...
>
> yup.  they're supposed to have some incredibly high number of reburns
> allowed.  here's a script I use to blank the CDRW before re-burning onto it:

I don't understand why anyone would still bother CDRW when you can get
CD-R for less than $1.50 or so each.  We found quite a bit of trouble
with CDRW as far as compatibility went -- not fully red book compliant.
What are you guys paying for these RW discs?  Last I remember, they were
8 to 10x the cost of regular CD-R.  Is this just my audio industry
legacy code??<g>

Cheers,

Phil Mendelsohn