Re: [TCLUG:7666] Multias and such

Christopher Reid Palmer wrote:

> Robert Sinland wrote:
>
> >     On another note, well I had the guy on the phone I also ordered
> > a basic PIA.
>
> I just rejoined, and missed this thread. What's a PIA?

  Well PIA is thier anacronim for "personal internet appliance"

  Check out ...
http://www.thelinuxstore.com/

 Essentialy it is...  (cut and paste to follow)

What are the Specifications?

 The PIA utilizes Linux, an established open-source,
 reliable, and efficient operating system. The system
 includes:

      Intel Celeron 333 MHz processor
      32MB PC100 SDRAM
      2 GB (or larger) Hard Drive
      8 MB AGP Shared Memory Video
      16 Bit Sound
      56K Data/Fax Modem
      Speakers
      Keyboard
      3-Button Mouse
      One additional PCI/ISA open expansion slot
      Custom PIA ATX mini-tower cabinet
      Monitor is not included

For $200 how could you go wrong?  Unless it's in a cardboard case or
something that is :)
I for one don't see how they can be making a dime on this one...
That is if it lives up to specs...
RS