Re: [TCLUG:7666] Multias and such

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Robert Sinland wrote:

> For $200 how could you go wrong?  Unless it's in a cardboard case or
> something that is :)

I just read an article on Salon about this and other appliance-type
machines (the PIA is the closest one to a "real" computer, though) based
on alternative OSes (Linux, Amiga [though, isn't that really Linux now,
too?], and BeOS). It was pretty interesting:
http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/1999/08/19/free_pc/index.html

Anyway, they gave a link to the PIA homepage, which has a picture of the
machine. It's just a normal tower case, with an iMac-y look (smoke grey):
http://www.planetpia.com/

If it came in a cooler color, I would think about getting one...Oh wait,
no I wouldn't, because I have just blown a crap-load of money building an
mp3 stereo machine ;)

Luke