Boot problems

Hello

I just got done setting up a new system here at work running Mandrake 6.0.

I can boot with the floppy drive but not to the hard drive. If I let the
system boot to the HD the only thing that comes up are 0's and 1's scrolling
down the screen. I reinstalled and reformatted the system 3 times with the
same problem each time.

System specs are as follows. AMD K6-2 450, SeaGate 8.6GB drive, 128MB ram,
3Com 10/100 NIC, Matrox G200 Video Card and a Micro-Star MS-5169
motherboard.